Lay Servant Ministries learning/training courses offer not only the opportunity to enhance leadership skills but to grow in faith. Designed to equip, empower, and enable laity for and in their roles in ministry, mission, and leadership, the Lay Servant Ministries program provides an opportunity to grow spiritually, as a disciple of Jesus Christ. Participants are trained to fulfill their call to “The witness of the laity….”; and their charge to “accept the primary responsibility for the growth and vitality of the United Methodist Church.”
Recently, Lay Servant Ministry programs across the Western Jurisdiction agreed to share their virtual trainings with each other whenever possible. Several opportunities, including the foundational Basic training, are currently being offered. Click the links below for dates, class descriptions, and registration information.
- Lay Servant Ministries Basic – Foundations Course – Starting Feb. 7, 2022
- Living Our Beliefs – Lay Servant Ministries – Starting March 8, 2022
- Rediscovering Our Spiritual Gifts – Lay Servant Ministries – Starting March 23, 2022
- Discover Your Spiritual Gifts (a Revised Course) – Starting April 20, 2022
- Lay Servant Ministries Basic Course – Starting Mar. 13, 2022