Clear Appointment Openings
Introduction to the Process
The appointive cabinets of the Greater Northwest Area and the Bishop are continuing the practice of sharing “clear openings,” those church appointments that are open due to retirements and other changes, as the appointment process unfolds. Below, you will find a list of churches in the Greater Northwest Area that are open for appointment.
Clergy are invited to prayerfully discern these openings. If you feel a sense of call to one of these appointments, then contact your District Superintendent to let her/him know that you would like to be part of the consideration of an appointment to a certain church. After you contact your District Superintendent, you are free to contact the District Superintendent of the district where the church is located to talk further about the appointment and submit your name for consideration. The District Superintendent may ask for a short explanation of your reasons for submitting your name and why you believe this particular ministry setting is a good match for your gifts.
Your submission will be handled confidentially with no contact with your current appointment. Submitting your name does not mean you will receive this appointment but it will be added to those who are being considered for the appointment.
Beside the church name, you may see a link for an abbreviated profile describing the ministry context and expressed need for pastoral leadership. Not every clear opening will have one. As the appointments are announced and the appointment process unfolds, new clear openings will be posted.
Current Clear Openings across the Greater Northwest Area
Contact: Rev. Carlo Rapanut, Alaska Conference Superintendent, firstname.lastname@example.org or (907)333-5050.
- Anchor Park UMC | Website | Facebook (updated 3-21-17)
- Douglas Community UMC | Profile | Website (updated 1-9-17)
- Palmer United Methodist Fellowship | Profile | Website (updated 2-14-17)
- Willow UMC | Website | Facebook (updated 3-21-17)
Contact: Rev. Steve Sprecher, Interim Cascadia DS, Sprecher@umoi.org
- United Methodist Ministries of Salem-Keizer (UMMSK) (updated 1-9-17)
A cooperative ministry with campuses at Salem First, Morningside, Keizer-Clear Lake, Englewood, and Trinity.
- Mountain Home UMC | Website (updated 1-9-17)
½ time, located between Sherwood and Newberg, Oregon
- Warrenton UMC (updated 1-9-17)
Small stand-alone setting just west of Astoria, Oregon.
- Falls City UMC | Website (updated 1-9-17)
Moving to stand-alone ¼ ministry setting, southwest of Dallas, Oregon.
Contact: Rev. Erin Martin, Columbia DS, Erin@umoi.org, (503) 802-9228
- Lake Oswego UMC | Profile | Website (updated 1-9-17)
- Portland, Oregon: Rose City Park UMC | Profile | Website (updated 2-14-17)
- Portland, Oregon: Christ UMC | Profile | Website (updated 3-16-17)
- Heppner, Oregon | Profile | Facebook Page (updated 3-16-17)
(For Heppner, contact Steve Ross at Steve@umoi.org)
- Portland, Oregon: First UMC | Profile | Website (updated 3-25-17)
Crater Lake District
Contact: Rev. John Tucker, Crater Lake DS, John@umoi.org, (541) 689-3725
- Roseburg, Oregon: First UMC | Profile | Website (updated 1-9-17)
- Philomath, Oregon: College UMC | Profile | Website (updated 2-14-17)
Contact: Rev. Gwen Drake, Sage DS, Gwen@umoi.org
Pacific Northwest Conference
Contact: Rev. Gregg Sealey, Inland DS, email@example.com or (509) 720-4366.
- Grangeville Parish | Profile | Website (updated 1-9-17)
- Includes Grangeville, Nezperce and White Bird UMCs
Puget Sound District
Contact: Rev. Daniel Foster, Puget Sound DS, firstname.lastname@example.org or (253) 740-1304.
Contact: Rev. Rich Lang, Seattle DS, SeattleDS@pnwumc.org or (206) 794-8190.
Seven Rivers District
Contact: Rev. Juli Reinholz, Seven Rivers DS, email@example.com.
- Oroville UMC & Tonasket Community UCC| Profile (updated 1-9-17)
Contact: Rev. Cara Scriven, Tacoma DS, firstname.lastname@example.org or (425) 328-8881.
- Tacoma: Summit UMC | Profile | Website (updated 3-12-17)
- Yelm UMC | Profile | Website (updated 1-9-17)
Contact: Rev. David Nieda, Vancouver DS, email@example.com.