Greater Northwest United Methodists and people of compassion everywhere,
LOVE GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, SOUL, STRENGTH AND MIND,
AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF
DO THIS AND YOU SHALL LIVE. ~ Luke 10: 27
Hurricane Harvey is devastating Texas and Louisiana, stretching all systems of relief and recovery beyond their limits. We’ve watched as tiny babies, venerable elders, and people of every condition of life have had their lives swept away by the floods. Local United Methodists surrounding the affected area are already providing shelter, food and comfort to people in distress. They need us to support their work with “love made liquid” through prayer and offerings. And we’ll be sending Early Response Teams (ERT) from the Greater Northwest Area as early as October.
I am calling every church, fellowship group, Sunday School class, choir, coffee klatch, walking, or yoga group in the Greater Northwest Area (Oregon-Idaho, Pacific Northwest, and Alaska Conferences) to love God and neighbor in the following ways:
- Pray for the people affected by the flood and those who work tirelessly to respond, and
- Receive a special offering for HURRICANE HARVEY FLOOD beginning this Sunday, and each Sunday in September. And when you donate, invite someone outside your group to donate, too. Donations will support United Methodist Committee On Relief (UMCOR) US Disaster Response fund* and travel costs for Early Response Teams from the Greater Northwest Area that will go to Texas and Louisiana.
Miracles happen when people share what they have. Thank you.
Bishop Elaine JW Stanovsky | Greater Northwest Area
* 100% of donations support UMCOR recovery and relief with no administrative overhead. UMCOR has the highest (4 ★★★★) rating by Charity Navigator.
- Jim Truitt, Disaster Response Coordinator, Pacific Northwest Conference, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dan Moseler, Disaster Preparedness and Response Coordinator, Oregon-Idaho Conference, email@example.com
- Dan Wilcox, Disaster Response Coordinator, Alaska Conference, firstname.lastname@example.org
Response – The Latest on UMCOR Response to Harvey
Trackback from your site.